Click each item to see detailed information.
- 2016 Compensation, Recruitment, and Retention Guide to the Oil and Gas Industry *NEW*
- Geosciences Careers
- Geo IT Support and available software at EAS Department
- CBTH K-12 Outreach
- AAPG Career Center: Making career connections in the world’s largest professional geological society
- AAPG UDRIL GIS Database
GIS-UDRIL (GIS Upstream Digital Reference Information Library) is an expansive project that provides digital products and services to upstream petroleum companies. It provides easy access to affordable, useful geological data in georeferenced formats for use in GIS mapping applications.
- AAPG/Datapages Combined Publications Database
With the AAPG/Datapages you can search from the home page or browse content from over 40 publishers and societies. Non-subscribers may now view abstracts on all items before purchasing full text.
- EAS Self-study Report (2009-2013) (PDF)
- Funding Opportunities for all UH Undergraduates Doing Research (including EAS)
To present at meetings, contact Karen Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Glossary of Geology
- Grants for Undergrad, MS and PhD Student Research
- GOM Well Data from BSEE (PDF)
Obtaining Gulf of Mexico Geological and Geophysical Date from the US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (by Sharon Cornelius, UH Phd Student, spring, 2013)
- Guide to Writing Geophyscial Presentations by R. R. Stewart (PDF)
- Making of Texas by plate tectonics (modified from Dalziel, Gahagan, UTG) *NEW*
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship Travel Program
UH contact: Karen Weber (email@example.com)
- Field trip guides to Houston and the Gulf Coast region
- GSA Special Papers available online through UH Library with UH ID
- GSA Memoirs available online through UH Library with UH ID
- Publicly available datasets from Gulf of Mexico through the SEG SEAM group
- Rigzone Article: "Tackling the Skills Shortage Challenge in the Oil, Gas Industry"
- Seismic Data - Compilation of publicly available seismic reflection data sets that can be used for graduate or undergraduate research.
- Software links compiled by Mineralogical Society of America (MSA)
- TerraElm - Teaching the next generation of scientists geologic concepts and reasoning
- Texas geologic and tectonic history — A 25 minute overview by Dr. Tom Ewing, Univ. of Texas BEG
- Tips on postdoc placements (Enhancing the Postdoctoral Experience for Scientists and Engineers, National Academy of Sciences, 2000)
- Video on interviewing tips from the AAPG career center
Petroleum Geoscience Magazine (Sign up at GeoExPro with your @uh.edu email address to get free access to the digital version of GeoExPro.)